How to look younger without surgery
Here’s a list of the top 3 non-surgical and absolutely safe skin tightening treatments. Now, you don’t need to ask anyone about how to look younger!
There was a time when going under the knife was a thing, especially among celebrities. But now scalpels are becoming yesterday’s news.
Cosmetic surgeons by using non-surgical skin tightening treatments can effectively tighten moderately loose skin on the face, neck, and body. This would postpone the need for surgery and help patients improve their appearance.
When you should consider getting non-surgical skin tightening treatments?:
- If you have mild to moderate loose skin on your face, neck, arms or abdomen
- If you have residual skin laxity after an operative procedure
- If you would like an improvement in the quality of your skin
- If you are unable (or unwilling) to undergo a more invasive, surgical procedure to correct skin laxity
Like with every procedure be it surgical or non-surgical there are some pros and cons. So here’s a list of advantages and limitations that you must know when deciding to get a skin tightening treatment done, especially when you don’t want to go under the scalpel:
- Tightens skin without surgery or scars
- Little to no downtime is needed
- Very low risk of side effects when done by a qualified cosmetic surgeon
- The treatment takes an hour or maybe even less
- Results can last upto a year
- Performed with no incision and thus minimal discomfort
- Results aren’t instant, it may take weeks or even months following the treatments before they start showing
- Multiple treatments may be required to achieve desired results
- Treatment has to be repeated periodically to maintain the result
- Not effective on more advanced skin sagging, such as pronounced stretched skin
- following pregnancy or weight loss
Here are the top 3 non-surgical skin tightening treatments to help lift and tone aging skin:
It is an aesthetic technique that uses RF energy to heat tissue and stimulate sub-dermal collagen production in order to reduce the appearance of fine lines and loose skin.
- It can tighten loose skin in the neck, face, hands and body area
- It can be performed in an office with no discomfort and won’t take much time as well
- Most Radiofrequency treatments are safe for all skin types
- The results start appearing months after the treatment
- series of two to six treatments is recommended for best results
Ultherapy is a safe, non-surgical ultrasound treatment that counteracts the effects of time and gravity on your skin.
- This one works best for patients who want to fight early signs of aging on the face and neck
- The entire treatment lasts from 30 minutes to maximum 90 minutes
- No downtime
- There might be a little discomfort
- Side effects include temporary redness, bruising, and numbness
- The results can be seen two or three months following the treatment
- It can last upto a year provided good care of the skin is taken
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL):
A photo facial is a 30-minute procedure in which intense pulses of light are used to penetrate deep into the skin. Which then causes collagen and blood vessels below the epidermis to constrict, reducing redness and age lines.
- Little discomfort
- No downtime
- No skin is removed during the treatment
- Potential risks include bruising, blistering, scabbing, and changes in the skin’s pigmentation, although most of these issues soon disappear.