Everything One Needs To Understand About Scarless Breast Surgery
From how it works to the effectiveness, all that you need to know about scarless breast surgery!
It was in the year 2000, a revolutionary surgery was pioneered; one that helps with the typical breast lift surgery sans the removal of skin. It worked and news spread fast around the world of the success, where results were shown to be quicker, faster and very efficient, to the likes of the patient who could get back to work and her daily routine than what it was otherwise with traditional breast lifts being done till then. Wondering how it works and what to expect? We are here to answer them all. Please read on..
How does it work?
A small incision is made in the armpit and an exclusive procedure is applied by the surgeon, which encourages collagen formation in the dermal layer of the skin. This helps the breasts lift up to a significant level, and no scarring happens. Once the surgery is done, a specific routine would be designed for the patient to follow, and special bras are to be worn. All deemed fit by the surgeon.
How effective is it?
Most cases have shown that the surgery has been proven effective where breasts have been repositioned, raised or even the nipples have been raised, and in a much better way than the traditional regimes done so far. No cutting and scarring involved though and hence the name ‘The Scarless Breast Lift’.
Advantages you get:
The surgery is performed under local anesthesia if not combined with other breast surgeries such as breast reduction or breast augmentation
Are you the right candidate?
- If you have drooping breasts, you would then be the right candidate for the surgery
- Post pregnancy mothers that have undergone heavy breastfeeding, can also be good candidates
- Please consult your doctor for the same to determine if the scarless breast surgery is ideal for you or not
Can it be combined with other surgeries?
Yes, it can. The scarless breast surgery can be combined with the following-
- Breast implants
- Breast reduction
- Breast augmentation
- Body contouring
- Facial rejuvenation to name a few
Once again, your doctor would be the best to determine the same.
What happens during the surgery?
To begin with, an anesthetic would be administered to the body and an electrode would be positioned right above the spot to be worked upon. The doctor then would use a 1-2 mm incision and insert a cannula beneath the skin area. After this, a dose of radio energy would be sent into the breasts via the cannula inserted and the electrode. This helps remove excess fat and to also tighten the skin.
What are the expectations post the surgery?
- You will feel drowsy because of the anesthesia
- Check back the next day at the clinic
- You may experience slight swelling which is normal
- Results can be seen in two to four weeks of the repositioned breasts
- Recovery time entirely would be four to six weeks
- Follow the specialized instructions given by the doctors
- Wear the special bras given by the doctors
- No strenuous activities or exercises until further told for at least six weeks post-op
- Take as much as rest as possible and eat healthy
We hope this information on scarless breast surgery comes in handy? If you have any queries, questions or concerns, do write in or speak to our expert doctor. We wish you the best of health. Click here to check out how well-received are our services.