What is the success rate of hair transplant surgery?
If you’ve just recovered from a hair transplant surgery then you should be careful about the self-care of the transplanted hair. Here’re a few tips for you.
- Show resistance in washing your newly transplanted locks after surgery and use only mild shampoos on the new locks.
- Avoid hard combs and brushes on the grafted locks until they are firm on your head. These locks need 3 weeks to fully grow.
- Wearing hats and pullovers could put unnecessary pressure on your hair. You should avoid wearing such accessories and outfits until your doctor advises.
- Take rest for at least a week after the surgery.
Small hair could break but it is normal. There’s no need to panic if you see locks of very small size on your comb. Take care of your newly planted locks according to your doctor’s advice.
If you’re going for hair transplant then the first thing you should know about hair transplant is that it is the best method to regrow your hair but it isn’t permanent and also it isn’t for everyone.
About 60% of men and 50% women face issues related to hair loss and these people use some kind of quick fix formula to regrow their hair. But finally they go for hair transplant as this process has higher rate of success in comparison to over-the-counter medicines.
It won’t work for following reasons
- Widespread baldness or thinning
- Hair loss due to medicines like chemotherapy
- Thick scalp due to head injury
If you aren’t suffering from any of the above mentioned issues then hair transplant is for you. The process would work for you, if you take proper care of the newly grown locks. It is a surgical process that involves mild pain and suffering but the final results are always exciting. You will get rid of thinning and baldness.